Friday, May 20, 2011

New at this...

I have never blogged before... it is kind of an interesting thing to do. I never considered it actually, until I read a blog my high school friend made.. She is amazing! Check her out @ http://www.juliemissjuicy.com/ She inspires me.

Today I have been thinking a lot about taking things for granted... You never realize that the little things are what is most important. I have learned a lot about this whole not taking things for granted because of my grandma lately... She is not doing well health wise, and each day that I do get to spend with her is cherished. When she passes away i know it is going to be one of the biggest struggles I have ever had to face. She had taught me so much. We never take the time to appreciate the small things in life like being able take a deep breath, or walking around the block until you are not able to do so. I would like to live my life with no regrets, and that can be hard. We always think what if... what if i did this instead of that, or what if i hadn't done anything... I just wanted to remind everyone to appreciate the small things in life, call someone you haven't talked to in a while and make their day.

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

-Ashley Smith


Until next time :)

3 comments:

  1. I have also been thinking about that a lot lately... It usually takes a very tragic event to make people see how fast everything can be taken away... people should be thankful for every thing they have and in some cases things they dont have.... things that they missed that got them where they are today and the people they love.... I know I live each day being completly appreciative of what I have... To many times I see people taking for granted everything they have, then the next second its all gone and they wish they had done things differently... I like the blog idea by the way and I like what you wrote...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your choice for the start of your blog! This seems to be the theme right now! I have tried very hard for serveral years now to remember not to take things for granted. I thought I was doing well until yesterday when I received news that my sister has two months to live. It really does take a conscience effort to remind yourself daily that tommorow never comes and to be in the now! ♥xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments lady's, I found it kind of hard to "put myself out there" but i have nothing to lose, and hope someone will gain something from my thoughts... ♥

    ReplyDelete